[Rhodes22-list] Rigging clevis pin & chainplate size

Rik Sandberg sanderico1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 13:50:35 EST 2010

Ellyn and Sam

The 3/16th pins are probably plenty strong to do the job in a pinch or
emergency if that's all you have. However, pins that are too small for the
holes (as your 3/16th in 3/8 holes) will eventually egg-shape the holes in
your toggles then nothing will fit properly.. Replace your 3/16th pins with
3/8ths as soon as possible or you will soon be looking at replacing much
more than just the pins.

Rik

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Ellyn and Sam Moore <smoore at cat4.net>wrote:

> Hi, all,
> Does it matter that all the shrouds and stays on my '77 Continental have
> 3/16 pins, but all nine chainplates have what appears to be 3/8 holes?

'There are many things that I believe that I shall never say. But I shall
never say the things that I do not believe.' …. Immanuel Kant