[Rhodes22-list] Rigging clevis pin & chainplate size

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Fri Jan 29 15:12:07 EST 2010

Not at all. It's easier to replace a 3/16 pin in 3/8 hole when rigging is standing and under tension. Sheer strength of a 3/16 is adequate, the way Stan has designed the standing rigging. The Rhodes is the only '22 with 9 stays all on separate chain plates, reducing the tension on each which amazes the riggers at our marina.