[Rhodes22-list] Tired of IMF

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Jul 7 14:37:32 EDT 2010

Charlie,

You might try some searches in the list  archives because I know this
topic has been discussed before.  You are not alone in having a
struggle with IMF furling from time to time.  However, it seems that
most have overcome the problems with minor changes in procedure and
setup, or proper lubrication, etc.

For example, I remember one response (Mary Lou maybe?) that said the
angle of the boom to the mast when operating the furler was fairly
critical to getting a smooth furl.  Too low or too high and the sail
bunches up in the mast?  Going from memory here, so I may not have the
details right...

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22