[Rhodes22-list] Everyone's On The Water

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sun Jul 11 00:14:21 EDT 2010

Joe,

All of our messages are archived by nabble.com.
(http://old.nabble.com/Rhodes-22-f14229.html)

A simple search on the Rhodes-22 list turned up your thread "Vexed on
Ventilation"  (http://old.nabble.com/Vexed-on-Ventilation-to29064079.html)
The last entry (scroll down to bottom of page) reads:

        I replace the OEM-Stan dorade vent on my '85 with a 3" (~3 1/4
outside diameter)
        Nicro day-night fan.  It fits securely in the un-modified dorade
hole.  Runs at night on
        a standard "C" ni-cad battery.

        Jim Connolly
        s/v Inisheer
        '85 recycled '03

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Joe Camp" Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:52 PM
On this hot hot July Saturday, I hope all of the "listers" are on the water.
I, on the other hand, am tyrapped in the steamy Philadelphia suburbs,
working. I retire in fourteen (count 'em) days. In sixteen days, I'll be
hundreds of miles away in NC: new house, new career, new life (same wife).
And in eighteen days, I'll be hob-knobbing with Elton (& maybe Stan) on the
deck of my recycled '87, smoking a good cigar and trying to remember which
line moves which sail. But, there are worse things in life I suppose. Now to
the point:

I recently posted a request for information in installing a solar vent and
received loads of great information. However, in a mad rush to clear out my
cluttered inobox (computer talk) I deleted all of those responses. I know
that I want to use the forward vent to install the solar fan, but I forget
the size of that hole, Is it 3 1/4", 3 3/4"? what? Somebody, please give me
the size of the hole. (A thing that is usually foremost in my thoughts)
Thanks.

Joe (no poem this time)