[Rhodes22-list] Sorry to bring this subject up

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jun 14 15:23:01 EDT 2010

Rick,
We've had no problems finding places to dump the porta-potty on the
Chesapeake. Properly cleaned and maintained, they don't smell. If we
are dumping in a restroom, we leave it cleaner than we found it. That
said, we usually just bring it home to dump. I've docked next to any
number of boats with marine heads that had odor problems. If you know
you will always have access to a pump-out there is probably no reason
not to get the marine head. But if pump-outs may be an issue - for
example if you are trailering to places without pumpout facilities or
keeping the boat at a private dock some distance from a pumpout, the
portapotty makes good sense. That's what most folks with small
sailboats or small powerboats use without any problems. The hybrid
portapotty, plumbed for either pumpout or conventional dumping might
be a good solution. I've never seen one but I've talked to folks who
have one who say it works well either way.

Mary Lou