[Rhodes22-list] PHRF for the Rhodes 22

David Culp dculp at hsbtx.com
Tue May 18 11:25:23 EDT 2010

>For the standard main, the PHRF for JAM comes out to a little over 200
>seconds.  For the IMF, it is about 275, but only a measurement will give you
>a real number.

>Rick

Rick:

Thanks for the info.  We have a couple of fleets around with PHRF
ratings, so now I can compare myself against their boats.  For
instance, I noticed a J-24 with a 146.  So I take that to mean that if
both boats went one mile in the same conditions, the J-24 should
finish 129 seconds before I do.  That's about 2 minutes and seems like
a fair assumption.  Interesting to me is what seems like a big
difference between the standard and IMF.

When I race on my lake, I am usually one of the biggest boats and the
others come from all around, so we use the Portsmouth Yardstick.

David