[Rhodes22-list] anchor light

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Fri May 21 08:08:43 EDT 2010

Hi Joe,
This is just my opinion.  It's important to have some kind of light to
burn at night even when you are out of the channel and on an inland
lake.  Here in East Tennessee we usually have a report at least once a
year of either bass boaters or jet skiers running into docks or other
things late at night.  A nice secluded cove is no protection.  Any light
is good.  It doesn't mean a drunken boater will see you, but maybe it
will make some difference.  We have an all around light on the masthead
which works for anchor or steaming according to CG.  Some people hang a
lantern in the rigging for an anchor light.
Best,
Joe