[Rhodes22-list] anchor light

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Fri May 21 13:53:08 EDT 2010

I have used LED ropes for decor (on 4th of July), but not for
navigational visibility.  The current draw on those is higher than you
would think - around 0.2 amps per foot.  So when I run 2 thirty-foot
LED ropes from the masthead to bow and stern, they are drawing 6 amps
each or 12 amps total.

I use a Davis Mega-Light Utility at anchor.  Only draws 0.11 amps and
has 360-degree visibility for 2NM.  Comes with a standard 12v plug and
a 15-foot cord.  I just attach it to the main halyard and hoist as far
as the cord allows.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|65136|992429&id=7961

Cheers!
John Lock