[Rhodes22-list] Water in bilge from line w/o check valve?

Frank Tugwell ftugwell at cox.net
Sun Sep 12 15:51:12 EDT 2010

Greg: when I had my bilge pump installed I added a check valve just above
the pump on the drain line.  I did this because sometimes the amount of
water in the line is enough, when it washes back (after the pump turns off)
that it will turn the pump back on.  This will cause it to recycle until the
battery is dead.  I have another right at the exit thru-hull to prevent
water from entering when the boat heels or rocks.  The valves are cheap and
easy to install.  Westmarine has them.

Frank