[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Questions-standard sails

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Tue Jul 5 15:39:17 EDT 2011

Rob,

  I second that. Last week I took my BIL's neighbor out for a sail on Lake
Norman,the wind was light and spotty.I had both sails in and out 4 times
in a 3 hour sail. when we got back to the dock he said"I heard sailing
was alot of work,but you didn't seam to be working to hard." Being a
power boater he asked how much gas I used a day(we'd motored about 2
hours of the tour).He had a hard time believing I'd been on the lake 5
days and only used 1.5 gallons.
My last boat,a Com-Pac 16,had standard sails. If my wife or a friend
didn't want to go sailing with me,most of the time I would'nt go by
myself.With the Rhodes,it's not enough work to worry about.Much quicker
and safer,too.

Jerry Lowe