[Rhodes22-list] Back On The List

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 07:49:08 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm back on the list after a couple of years of absence.

I had some personal and health problems and had my boat on the trailer all this
time, but it is time to get back on the water.

I have to paint the bottom and repair the centerboard trunk's cap. It has a
crack and a little bit of water gets in. I removed all 52 bolts only to find out
that it had been sealed with something that looks like 3M 5200. So, this is
going to be a pain in the neck to remove.

Somebody told me that this epoxy actually softens when heated above 120 F and to
use a heat gun to heat it and carefully lift the cap a bit at a time. I'll try
that this coming weekend.

Also, I need to get an engine as my old one won't run anymore and it is so old
that I do not want to spend any more money on it.

I'm thinking about the Tohatsu 8 hp, 20" Shaft, Tiller, Rope/Electric start. Any
comments on this? Luis A. Guzmán II
S/V Coincidence
1983 Rhodes 22
Bradenton, FL