[Rhodes22-list] New York

BenCittadino bencittadino at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:25:03 EST 2011

Hank;

My recommendation is two fold.

First, I would strongly consider driving all the way to NYC if you plan to
stay in the city for the weekend.
Ditch the car at your mid-town hotel Friday night and use public
transportation to do your sight-seeing.
There are only three ways into the city from Jersey (Holland, Lincoln, and
the GW bridge) and if you arrive after rush/dinner hour you will have no
trouble with any of them. Get up early Saturday and relax over a breakfast,
put on your walking shoes and enjoy Manhattan.

Second, if you are determined to get a taste of the Garden State, I would go
up to Liberty State Park (Jersey City) on the Jersey side of the Hudson
River. There are any number of adequate hotels near there (Google-Liberty
State Park Hotels) and you can get an up-close and personal view of the
"posterior" ("We stand behind THE LADY") of the Statue of Liberty (which,
contrary to popular belief is located in NJ), take a boat ride out to her
first thing in the AM from the Jersey side and visit Ellis Island then too
(or even on Friday if you arrive early enough).

Call me if you want to talk more. My wife and I will not be around that
weekend or you might have been able to negotiate favorable rates for our
"empty nest" bedrooms in Princeton (1 hr SW of NYC, 1 hr NE of Philly).

BenCittadino
S/V Susan Kay
609 896 2222