[Rhodes22-list] Stay there!

Mark Osterbrock mark.osterbrock at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 22:14:03 EDT 2011

Joe,
Remember ,even when your rigging is tuned correctly, when you sail to windward even in moderate breezes your leeward shrouds will develop a certain amount of slack. Sometimes sailors tighten turnbuckles when they see slack on the leeward shrouds on both tacks so there is no slack while sailing to windward.  This can cause too much compression at the base of the mast and damage your boat.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre