[Rhodes22-list] Solar Cell Replacement/Charger

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:41:45 EDT 2011

I second the need for a charge controller.  I found even a 3 watt charge at
the high voltage produced by the solar panel mid summer kills the battery.

Just be sure when hooking the battery to the solar panel circuit that no
charge is coming off the panel.  A seat cushion covering the panel assures
the controller correctly calibrates when hooked up to the battery.

Rick