[Rhodes22-list] bumped : capsize discussion continued, masthead float?

KenBates btskend at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 10:17:13 EDT 2012

I can hardly credit the hull flair with generating more aerodynamic lift than
all the windage above. Each cable has an efective cross section thats larger
dragwise than its diameter, and if its vibrating, (humming) that drag
increases tremendously.
My Rhodes is tied to my dock bow in on a small inland lake. when a pontoon
boat cruises by at a slow speed
often less than the required 100 foot clearance, the wake coming in at a 45*
to the stern can produce a +/- 15*+ roll. fortunatly I am on the west shore
sheltered by high ground so stron wind gusts are somewat deflected
Ken