[Rhodes22-list] S/V Susan Kay (Jersey girl shall sail again)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Dec 5 08:52:19 EST 2012

Good news Ben.

Rummy

In a message dated 12/4/2012 7:45:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bencittadino at gmail.com writes:

You may  remember I reported how my '93 recycled ( in 2008) Rhodes sailed
off
on her  own on the ocean surge waters in Sea Bright, NJ during the
hurricane.
The  purpose of this post is to sing the praises of Foremost Ins of  Grand
Rapids, MI which coverage I obtained through my membership in USAA  (USAA
doesn't write boat policies so they act as agents for Foremost). They  have
paid the rather stiff "salvage" charge for the retrieval and  replacement of
the boat to her perch at the marina without complaint, and  have forwarded a
reasonable preliminary estimate amount for the apparent  damage. I think I'm
going to be able to restore her to her former beauty.  The inside of this
boat never got wet. We'll have her ship-shape by  Memorial Day with any
luck.

BenC

-----
BenC
S/V  Susan Kay (Rhodes22 '93 recycled '08)
Highlands, NJ  (Homeport)