[Rhodes22-list] Welcome

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Feb 15 10:29:04 EST 2012

Hi Austin,
Welcome to the list.

At 09:00 PM 2/14/2012, you wrote:
>No doubt, the chesapeake has plenty to offer and if I wanted to see it all
>I probably couldn't even do it in a summer.

I'm sure it's true of other places as well, but you couldn't see all
of the Chesapeake in 20 or 30 summers. And once you've visited a
location, if you come back in a different season, it seems very
different. Come back a few years later and things have changed again.
We've had a small sailboat on the Upper Bay for nearly 20 years and
there are many places above the bridge that we have yet to see at
all. One of the wonderful things about a small boat is that while you
may not travel long distances as easily you can explore places larger
boats have trouble getting into and so pass right by.

Spring and fall tend to be better on the Bay than summer which can be
windless or just plain hot and miserable.

The Keys trip sounds great.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless