[Rhodes22-list] GPS Choice

Geoff Farrell geoffreylfarrell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:36:49 EST 2012

I use my IPad Touch for GPS and instruments. The Touch doesn't have a GPS
receiver, but, there are products available that act as a "sleeve" for the
Touch that have receivers. This allows the Touch to run GPS dependent apps
just like the Iphone. I think I spent about $100 for my GPS sleeve and
another $49.99 for the software- I use INavX. The sleeve also lets me use
other software with my Touch, such as navigation for the car. $49.99 may
seem like a lot for an app, but, when you see the power of this app you
appreciate the reason for the price. I believe all NOAA US maps are free
with the app. InavX supports tracking, waypoints, and myriad other
functions. I love it. Yes, the screen is small. Some day I'm hoping to get
an Ipad to fix that situation. But for now, my Touch is always aboard. Geoff