[Rhodes22-list] construction questions

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Mon Jun 11 10:15:26 EDT 2012

Rob,

 When I installed a solar vent the area around the original opening was
cored. but I also have 2 ports that appear home made in the forward face of
the cabin and those areas appear to be empty so I'm not sure if the entire
deck is cored or if it is reinforced only in certain areas. The deck on my
71 is solid as a rock, no flexing and I am not a small person (~285+).
Before tearing things apart can you snake a camera in and do some looking
around ? Plumbers use the silly things to scope out pipes maybe you can rent
one. It might be possible to shoot some closed cell foam into the cavity's
to act as coring. Would make for good insulation as well. For foam under the
cockpit a number of guys on " da list " have used the coal miner method. lie
on side and dig it out the hard way. Cut foam blocks shaped to hull and
replace.

John S