[Rhodes22-list] New motor dilemma

Optonline bgreenwald at optonline.net
Fri Sep 7 14:26:56 EDT 2012

Thanks Mike,

I think the motor tiller connection is the easiest challenge for Stan to deal with.  I gather the power tilt adds both weight and has a much longer mounting bracket than the earlier models.  The added weight would make the manual lift even a bit more challenging but the bigger issue issue I gather is accommodating the cables required for the remote control box with the electric lift.  Before I installed my  existing control box I struggled with the need to operate the controls on the motor tiller handle while manning the boat tiller at the same time.  In addition, I gather the new motors use some kind of friction device to hold the motor in position rather than the hard locking device that I have presently.  The dealer wasn't sure it that would be a problem with the proposed setup.

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II