[Rhodes22-list] trailer repairs

Bill Pauer billpauer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 12:31:12 EDT 2012

I just replaced the bunks on my trailer two weeks ago.  I did not try
to bend the boards, and one thing that did give me troubles was
tightening  down the carriage bolts.  The boards and the brackets are
not in the same plan until the boat is sitting on the trailer.  I
thought I had them as tight as they would got (the heads will want to
spin) but once I put the boat back on the railer one bolt was not
completely tight.  With the boat and new carpet back on the bunk, the
carriage bolt started to spin and I don't have a good way to tighten
at this point.  If I had to do it again I might try to bend the bunks
in some to help with getting the nuts as tight as possible.
Good Luck,
Bill