[Rhodes22-list] Big Splash Today - 1:00

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Wed Apr 24 09:37:47 EDT 2013

Marlan,
Yes, the outboard and the tiller will take some practice.  My previous boat did not have the tiller-outboard link, and I did just fine with it.  I would unlock the motor and manually rotate it if needed, but with enough practice, I just used the tiller.  My newer boat has the link, but it's broken and I'm not planning on repairing it.  Suggest you practice maneuvering away from the marina (where you might hit someone) until you get a better feel for the boat.  Find a buoy or an unoccupied dock you can practice at.  And go slow!  Most of my docking problems come when I'm going too fast. - rob