[Rhodes22-list] Big Splash Today - 1:00

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Apr 24 10:27:28 EDT 2013

Marlan,

Congratulations on the big splash and great advice from Rob.

As a new sailor I found sailing much easier than motoring in and out of the
slip.

There was also a bigger learning curve than I expected with furling and
unfurling the sails.  In high winds you really need to keep the boat pointed
into the wind so you have no pressure on the sails, but you still want some
pressure using the Genoa sheets and mainsail outhaul so you can get a
tightly furled sail.

If I had problems sailing it was typically that I had too much sail deployed
for the conditions.

Good luck!

Lee