[Rhodes22-list] Use of traveler?

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Thu Dec 26 11:30:34 EST 2013

Lee provides a good description and link for using the traveler.  I always
pull the traveler to windward on a close haul, sailing as tight as I can
into the wind.  In a tight channel sailing up wind I release the traveler
before each tack so it is in positing for the next point of sail as I make
my way up the channel.  The new traveler stan is testing allows for easy
adjustment from one side to the other and no hanging lines to have to deal
with.