[Rhodes22-list] Use of traveler?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Dec 27 07:47:47 EST 2013

Jon,
I sailed my Rhodes for years without ever using the traveler except in the
middle and locked position. Then a few other Rhodes appeared on my lake and
the  race was on. I use the traveler to get advantage when close hauled to
the wind.  It will allow you to point a few degrees higher. Just the
opposite is true. In  stiff winds it will allow you to dump more wind out of the
main sail without  affecting forward performance.

Rummy

In a message dated 12/27/2013 12:41:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,