[Rhodes22-list] chart plotters

Mike C hmcheung57 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 05:18:10 EDT 2013

I mounted Muireann's Garmin chartplotter to the starboard outside cabin wall
(opposite the compass) using the mount supplied with the unit.  The cabling
fits nicely under the pop top when its down without any real risk of
pinching anything.  Muireann is moored in a pretty secure location so I
don't worry a great deal about theft, but the unit is easy to remove from
its mount if I wanted to store it inside.  With the unit in that location,
it's very easy to use it as a fancy knot meter/depth finder with its numeric
display mode from anyplace in the cockpit including sitting back against the
stern rail.  This is the mode I most use it in since I'm mostly sailing in
familiar waters.  Viewing it when in chart mode does require moving forward
to about the winches.

-----
Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann