[Rhodes22-list] Trailer/Sailors Association News

Keith A Clark clarkka at dteenergy.com
Wed May 15 13:44:35 EDT 2013

Just tossing this out there for your reading pleasure.  Maybe you know of this org, maybe not.

Keith Clark
DTE Energy
Codes & Standards
Cell   906 280 4400

-----Forwarded by Keith A Clark/Employees/dteenergy on 05/15/2013 01:41PM -----

To: Mike Nelson <mnelson3 at gmail.com>
From: mike nelson <mnelson3 at gmail.com>
Date: 05/06/2013 09:27PM
Subject: Trailer/Sailors Association News

Greetings fellow Trailer/Sailors,

It has been a while since I've sent out a group e-mail, so here goes with some recent information.

1-if you haven't already checked out our newly revamped web site, please visit www.trailersailors.org

2-and, if you haven't visited our new discussion forum, check it out--you can access it from the members only part of the main menu, at the bottom left.  We also have a new daily digest for this forum, and you can set it up under the forum e-mail preferences in the members only menu area...if you elect this option, you will receive one email a day (at most) summarizing the posts for that day.  If there are no new posts, you will not receive any e-mail.  This is  a very handy way to keep in touch with the activity of our group as well as our members, and we encourage you to set this option, as we will be using the forum more and more as a way of updating members about organizational matters.

3-your login for both the website and the new forum is the same:  yourfirstnamelastname, all one word, all lower case, as it appears in the directory, and your password is your 5 digit zip or postal code...if you can't log in, pls let me know

4-we are hoping to put together a spring/summer issue of clipper snips, but we need more articles in order to do so.  Please consider writing up something and send it to our editor, Kathy Blackwood (kathy at kpp.ca)...as of this date, we do not have enough material for an issue.  Deadline is May 20th, but if you need a short extension beyond that, pls let us know.

5-our membership decline has slowed a bit.  We are now at about 225 members, but more would be really good.  So , please talk us up among your sailing friends.  If you need some talking points, visit the membership link on our web site for a summary.

6-our annual North Channel cruise begins July 20--join us if you can; it is a great experience.  You can read more about the cruise on our web site.

7-we have received news that the Spider Bay marina is being dredged.  In addition, the rock pile just off the launch ramp is also slated for removal.  Water levels are low, but the dredging should make it possible for us to launch from Little Current.  We don't yet know the status of Spanish, but last year the approach to the marina was pretty shallow.

regards

Mike Nelson
T/SA president