[Rhodes22-list] Heres how I installed the new chain plates

redneckyc steverayj at hotmail.com
Tue May 28 12:10:48 EDT 2013

The inner and outer sides of cabin where windows are are each solid
fiberglass. I think the top is same but with wood in between as sandwich but
I haven't drilled thru that ever. I may have said I attached chain plate to
hull but really meant to cabin side. I have 2 bolts going thru outside cabin
side fiberglass, then caulking, then 3/8 aluminum backing plate, then new
chain plate, then lock nuts and nuts and then a cover to hide the mess and
maybe give some strength to the area I cut out of the liner.

-- Steve

-----
Fair winds and following seas .....  Steve