[Rhodes22-list] R22 installing portlights and hatches

BobMellor rhm at bobmellor.com
Mon Sep 16 22:09:32 EDT 2013

Graham...
I replaced mine with becksons..  The fronts were still identical, but they
do not make the real flexible side ones anymore...  I used the ones a bit
bigger, opened the holes a bit, then mounted them "inside out"..  Thus the
hard shell part is inside where the alignment did not matter..   Used some
wedges where needed.  Then I trimmed the sleeve that stuck out too much on
the outside so they were flush with the trim rings. (The trim rings bend to
the contours easily.) ( need to tell them how you are mounting so the put
the lexan in the right way.  The folks at beckson were reveal helpful.

Bob Mellor