[Rhodes22-list] Keel rope replacement

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Dec 3 13:11:37 EST 2014

Rob and Chris,

Thanks for the information and assistance. I hope I can ask a few more questions as the restoration progresses.

Fred Haag

 Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Keel rope replacement
 To: "The Rhodes 22 Email List" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
 Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 10:01 AM

 Fred,

 First off, congratulations on your purchase and
 welcome to the list.  It does sound like you have a bit of
 work to do, but you have found the right place to ask
 questions.  While I can't answer some of them, here is
 info from one of my previous posts on how the wire traveler
 was rigged on my former boat, a 76 Rhodes Continental. - Rob
 Lowe

 I've also got a '76 with standard
 main.  Posted these pictures before of how my
 "traveler" is rigged. The backstay adjuster on my
 boat is shown here, although it should not be knotted as
 shown here and should go to the cleat on the transom.
 I've since learned how to run the backstay adjuster and
 can take a better picture if need be.  Also, please ignore
 the bungee cords, a new topping lift replaced those.
 I've got a 76 that uses a "traveler wire".
 Here's what mine looks like. - Rob

 http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200610/20/travelerupper.jpg

 http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200610/20/travelerlower.jpg

 http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200610/20/travelermiddle.jpg