[Rhodes22-list] Reakistic Expectations for Rhodes 22

Bob and Kathy Quinn bobandkathyr22 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 12 17:49:22 EST 2014

Butterchurn:  Wow!  Sounds like an interesting sail.  We have been out in 25-30 MPH with no problem although we we reefed to the extreme.  We headed out somewhat ignorant of the WX forecast but we were able to maneuver the R22 with no problem.  Other boats - the local sailing club was out - had dropped sails and motored home while we were able to sail on back to the marina.  Admittedly we did a lot of tacking as our marina was directly in the direction the wind was coming from.  We don't have the diamond board but the standard centerboard.  No crazing of the fiberglass.

Bob in FL on the "NoKaOi"