[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Scuppers

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Aug 13 22:12:25 EDT 2015

Rummy:
I wasnt considering putting myself or vessel into those conditions but i appreciate your succinct opinion.  As you know the R22 cannot be considered a blue water boat.  Cockpit size is the first reason, its also what makes it such a comfortable intra-coastal and inland vessel.
Other issues are a flat deck, flat cabin top, low ballast to displacement ratio, low stern freeboard, and low companion way bridge deck.
12 hours for a 45 mile passage would allow time for surprise weather and gulf stream conditions change quite quickly.
Be careful and wise.
If you must have a blue water trailerable keep the Rhodes and also buy a Flicka 20.

Bob (palatka)