[Rhodes22-list] Deck mounted chain plate

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Jan 15 15:50:19 EST 2015

Yes, Slim had his repairs done at a boat yard and he is no longer on the list.  I did a similar repair myself.  The backing material that I used was just plain old 1X4 lumber and I used epoxy to hold it in place.  Instead of steel screws, I used plastic.  My rational was I wanted to screws to shear before the blocking material pulled through.  I've since sold that boat but as far as I know, the repair has worked.

Rob Lowe