[Rhodes22-list] How bad is my CB plate?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Jan 20 11:45:38 EST 2015

Bob and Richard,

I think a variation on your suggestions is worth a try. I agree it's only
necessary to have  a good seal in the area between the water and a line
drawn roughly along inside edges of the bolt holes. That's the area I'm
concentrating on for assuring smoothness. Again, easy for me to launch and
test.

I'm reluctant to use 4200 but did have good luck removing a speed transducer
bedded with 4200. My neoprene gasket is still good so may just improve on
grosser spots and try it with no sealant first.

BTW: 4200/5200 tip: They tell you once you open a tube it lasts like 48
hours. I found putting tube in fridge it lasts for months - at least it
doesn't harden/thicken noticeably.

Brooks Bridges
86/06 R22 "Changes"
Cambridge, MD