[Rhodes22-list] stern flush mounted stanchions

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Jun 9 13:09:29 EDT 2015

Hello all,

I'm planning to make an opening in my stern pulpit to accommodate a swim
ladder. In order to do so I need to find a flush-mounted stanchion base that
screws into the outside of the stern ­ my boat is a 76 and the existing two
mounts on the stern pulpit are aluminum. I called the factory and actually
spoke to Stan, who said it would be too much trouble to look through their
parts and see if they had some of the original aluminum bases, and didn't
seem to have the mounts used on newer boats, unless I misunderstood. I
called West Marine after checking their catalogue and they had nothing for
sale. All stern pulpit stanchions seem to mount on the inside or surface of
the hull.

So ­ has anyone replaced their stern flush mounts on an older boat, and if
so where did they find them? What do newer Rhodeses have as a base? Are they
mounted flush to the stern or on top?

Help and advice greatly appreciated!

Jefferson
Patience ('76)