[Rhodes22-list] Wanna be questions

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Mar 26 15:10:17 EDT 2015

My 2014 Recycled Rhodes was delivered last September. It was a 1998 Rhodes
that Stan customized to my needs. It looks like a new boat except for a few
places in the cabin where you can see some marks on the wood step and some
minor marks on the mast. My stove is not in the newer pull out drawer, and I
am evidently missing a cleat or two that can be found on the new boats, but
otherwise, it is like a new one. I have the 175% Genoa and love it because I
sail on Kentucky Lake where I have light air some days. I can understand
wanting a smaller sail if you don't ever have light air and wouldn't use
this gigantic sail. The IMF main is fantastic. Friends I take sailing can't
believe how easy the boat is to single-hand. I added life rails and am glad
I did. I also traded the original sails in towards the purchase of new sails
from Stan, as I plan to keep this boat for a while. I had my 8 hp outboard
shipped to Stan and had it installed with the tiller connection -- also well
worth the extra money. I have only sailed the boat a couple months last Fall
and have been out twice already this week to start the season, but couldn't
be happier with the boat and the process of dealing with Stan to get exactly
what I wanted.

Bob
Carbondale, IL

-----