[Rhodes22-list] Screw pulled out on anchor mount

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri May 22 08:41:14 EDT 2015

Brooks:  yes I have used butyl rubber before to seal a leaky hull to deck joint on an old renken 18 "sail" boat.  You can get it in caulk gun tubes as well.  It takes a few weeks for it to set up, but is an excellent sealant and did the job.  I dont remember having issues with it,
I am trying to remember, but i cant, but seems like there is a catamaran manufacturer that uses this sealant in their hull to deck joints and they swear by it to be leak free.

  Does anyone know if this is the "polysulphide" that Ferenc Mate speaks of in his book THE FINELY FITTED YACHT.?

Bob (palatka)