[Rhodes22-list] CDI Flexible furler

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sun Aug 28 23:56:30 EDT 2016

Jay,

Are you sure that you have the CDI not the GBI furler?  The CDI uses a
"messenger line" style halyard to raise the sail permitting interchanging
sails without dropping the mast or using a bosun. See the manual in our
archives at:
www.rhodes22.org/doclib/CDI-FlexibleFurlerModel2-Manual.pdf

The archives also have a thread on the halyard replacement at:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2015-March/077310.html

A short thread on the benefits of the CDI vs. the GBI is at::
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2004-February/012464.html

Mike
s/v Wind Lass  ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY