[Rhodes22-list] Looking for a new home for Da List (and website)

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Feb 8 10:14:46 EST 2016

Just to throw out ideas before decisions are made:  There is an inactive Rhodes 22 list still existing on Yahoo egroups.   I 'joined' it out of curiosity.   My other boat (Bucc 18) has an active group on Yahoo as well.     Moving to the Yahoo platform actually was helpful a few years back in growing that class, with used boats being resuscitated and new racers emerging.    (I don't know how this will change with Yahoo's financial issues.)    That is separate from the website which I believe is hosted by Nichels Boatworks, now combined with Windrider.    Mary Lou has answered questions, and I can also sometimes be found on Trailersailor.com as well.    In addition to the general  trailer sailor heading that I sometimes read there are a number of individual classes (Not the Rhodes) on that list.  I don't know how that site is managed, it is discussion only, no photo albums etc. As others have mentioned, FB has privacy concerns.  I mostly use it to monitor my business page. My suggestion, whatever the group decides, is some degree of redundancy just in case life interferes with the ability of the keyholder to perform his / her duties for a while, and community updatability.   As I noted last month, 'recent' photos on the current site are a decade old.   I have to keep on my team to keep the business's page fresh, and can imagine it being worse on a volunteer basis.    A free form ability to upload albums of recent cruises and events would be a big plus for prospective buyers, and inspirational to dreamers like myself trying to make it happen. It is possible to use a flag and moderator system to delete any objectionable content and some kind of entry gatekeeper to minimize robots?   My 2 cents as a non tech user and business page owner.    Alex ColeLark, in a fairground barn in Ohio.