[Rhodes22-list] Anchoring

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 07:00:00 EDT 2016

Hi Jerry. Regarding your anchoring question...  I keep a Fortress anchor on its rode in a plastic crate in the laz as our primary anchor and drop from the stern then walk it to the bow. It's faster and easier and safer I think than dropping from the bow and no need to store damp rode in the cabin.  I keep a Nicro solar powered vent in the forward deck port which keeps humidity from building up in the vee berth.

I seem to recall some back and forth on this which you can search if interested.  I believe this was the Effros method.

For those interested, Bill Effros has a new (in 2012)  R22, is still out and about in LIS, and still taking on the man.  (I'm glad to have him for a friend.)

Dave B
s/v Sea Cloud
Greenwich Cove, CT