[Rhodes22-list] motor access with aft stay mounted traveller

Richard Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Sat Jul 29 10:32:17 EDT 2017

Graham
I ordered a traveler from Stan a few years ago, I like it, but its not fast acting like a typical traveler car would be - anyway that’s another email.  It didn’t come with the ends.
I deigned the traveler bar ends, like the drawing and photo attached.  You are welcome to the design. I bought the Delrin and McMaster Carr and brought it to a local machine shop. The machinist knew exactly what drill size to use, so do verify my drill size notes. You will see in the photo that I used the original swages that held the old rope traveler blocks in place to located where the travel lives on the back stays. After installed on the split aft stay, which was rigged at the time, I drilled straight through the end of the bar and the Delrin shaft, and tied a fast pin to the back stay, which is inserted into the assembly, and keeps  it all in place.
Pull the pin and swing the traveler bar out of the way and you can reach the motor, or swing it the other way and use the stern ladder, or take the whole thing off and use the cockpit table more comfortably.
See attached
Ric Stott
sv Dadventure
Hampton Bays NY