[Rhodes22-list] Lowering the mast with Stan's hoist system

John Blackburn jcbblackb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 18:02:03 EDT 2017

Bob,

One area I had and issue with last year is the block on the cabin top that
the winch attaches to. Mine came off when I was about 2/3 of the way up. It
only slides so far due to the rope that is attached to the bow -still scary.

My guess was the bolts that hold the block to the bolt had loosened - I
bought longer ones and reattached with some epoxy underneath and seems fine
now.

So you might want to check that the bolts that secure the block are tight.

Regards
John Blackburn
Snow Hill Md.