[Rhodes22-list] beginning of the end

Luis Guzman luis.guzman.ve at gmail.com
Tue May 23 05:29:52 EDT 2017

Stan,

I really don't know what to say. My firt sailboat was a 70'sl that I found
abandoned s a Marina, but still floating. It needed a lot of work, but hey,
a floating sailboat for $200. It needed some parts and a lot of work.

I went to Edenton and met you Stan.you gave me a tour of the plant, and I
salivated over the new Rhodes.  I got some parts, and you gave me a wooden
tiller as a present, and tips on fixing my boat. It as really wonderful to
meet you.

I went back home and worked ln my old boat and got everything working. That
old tiller was sanded and varnished, and proudly displayed.

I fell in love with the Rhodes. 9 years ago, I got a newer Rhodes.  A 1984
Rhodes that I trailered all tge way from Arkansa to Florida. I still got
that Rhodes, and I was hoping to get a new one in the near future. :-(

Thank you for everything Stan. Through your boats you have chamged my life.

I wish that I had the money to just quit my job and go to Edenton to learn
from the master boat builder that you are and continue your legacy.

Luis Guzman
S/V Aquetxalli
1984 Rhodes