[Rhodes22-list] Outhaul car binding

Shawn Boles shawn.sustain at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 15:31:34 EST 2017

Hi:

Into the wind. Raise boom slightly above horizontal with topping lift.
Position boom slightly to the starboard of the mast. Unfurl. Loosen topping
lift.

Cheers,
Shawn
s/v Sweet Baboo

On Nov 5, 2017 8:24 AM, "Thomas s" <talmorin at hotmail.com> wrote:

I have started having some trouble unfurling the main, even in very light
wind conditions.

A little investigation leads me to think the outhaul car is binding. It
seems to bite down a little as it is pulled to stern.

I ran a rag through the slot in the boom a few times in an attempt to clean
it. There was not a lot there, and it did not seem to make a lot of
difference.

Is this something that others regularly lubricate? If so, just a silicon
spray, or some other lubricant?

Other possible causes?

Thanks all,

Tom