[Rhodes22-list] Vang bail

Rick Lange sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 13:57:42 EDT 2019

Alex,

For wing-on-wing sailing, I rig a preventer by running the main outhaul
line from the boom forward cleat to the ring for sheeting the genny clew
inboard.  The ring is moved completely forward on the track.

Generally, waves and wind go together.  Also, a vang pulled so tight it
absolutely flattens the sail is not really going to be much help anyway.

Regards,

Rick Lange