[Rhodes22-list] Several Questions about a New-to-Me Rhodes 22

Allyn Baskerville allynb at adsne.com
Sun Oct 20 21:21:00 EDT 2019

It's probably not good etiquette to ask several questions at once, but I'll see how far I get. I just brought home a 2001 Rhodes 22, and I purchased it as sight-unseen, but I figured for the price it was worth it. There were a few things misrepresented, but I'm pleased overall.

1) The solar panels are no good. They are cracked, and I'd like more capacity. Has anyone upgraded to 100W solar?
2) The water tank has been replaced with a blue storage container like what you'd get from Walmart. The lid is screwed on with 3 dozen or more screws, but I don't want to take it apart. That needs to go. What is an acceptable replacement?
3) I'm going to be spending an extended time cruising next summer, and I need to install a bilge pump. The most logical place I can find is under the battery next to the head. I'm not sure how to get the water out, but the sink seems reasonable. I'm not able to see how to get the drain line to the sink since no floor panels life out.
4) The previous owner tied a spreader down when he moved it. It doesn't look bent, but one side seems considerably looser than the other. I don't see how to tighten these down. Any suggestions?
5) I'd like to replace the water line to the sink. Again, I don't see a way to access it to do this. Any help?
6) I don't believe the boat has been sailed since 2011. The genoa has had the edge exposed to the sunlight since then, and it's faded. I'm expecting it to be weak. Are there suggestions for a source for Rhodes sails?
7) I pull loose the power distribution panel, and the anchor light wires are cut about 5" from where they are screwed on. I don't see the cut end anywhere behind the panel. Any suggestions as to how to get access to the wires? Do I have to drop the headliner?

Thanks - Baker
8) Is there a source for the mast stepper or plans for a DIY?