[Rhodes22-list] Split Ring Alternative?

Mike Riter mike at traildesign.com
Sat Aug 29 12:35:35 EDT 2020

Jeff, I can't speak to the Suncor brand ball lock pins (probably better
than mine), but I've been using the AVK 304 ss 1/4" x 3/4" ball lock pins
on two of my inner stays for over a year now with no problems. They are
showing a little surface rust on the shoulder of the thicker part of the
pin, otherwise they're working perfectly. If I could remember where I
bought them I would get more. The 3/4" seems to be the right length without
being overly long. I can get by with the 304 stainless because my R22 is
coddled and lives on it's trailer inside my shop when I'm not sailing.

Mike Riter
SV Emma B