[Rhodes22-list] How to: A Trouble-free Furling Main | Sail Magazine

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Jul 20 16:19:12 EDT 2020

Jesse,

My changes to how the mainsail outhaul and furler lines are not without issues, but I still prefer my changes to Stan’s design.

Taking off the tabernacle is easy, two screws as I recall (not bolts).  I don’t recall if I managed to find slightly longer screws to make up for the thickness of the halyard organizer.  I used butyl as a sealant.  I should have used the drill-fill-drill technique to eliminate any chance of water getting into the deck, but I don’t think I did.

—Peter