[Rhodes22-list] Motor lift “bearings”?

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Sun Jun 28 11:05:55 EDT 2020

Olivier,

I’ve attached a close-up photo of the linear bearing on my GBI motor mount.  Note that it doesn’t seem at all like yours.  My linear bearings are T-shaped pieces of glass-filled PTFE that ride in 6061 T6 Aluminum C-Channels.  This design of linear bearing has a huge bearing surface area, so the wear rate is minimal.  The design is self flushing to keep abrasive debris out of the bearing.  Plus, the bearings can be easily swapped out W/O disassembling the whole motor mount when replacement is required after many, many service hours.  I don’t know when GBI changed the design; but, it might be helpful if you provided a few more photos of your motor mount.

Also, it might be helpful if you make a few measurements of the ID/OD/Length of your bearings.  They might be standard plastic pipe sizes and easily sourced from Grainger, McMaster-Carr, or United States Plastics Corp.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium