[Rhodes22-list] Photos and gmail v Mac mail

Ric Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Wed Oct 28 13:23:02 EDT 2020

This is great news.
I am writing from my Mac mail, where I know how to change the subject column, which I don’t know how to do yet in the gmail program.
I learned few new things today - have a long way to go before I actually know anything.
The pic was taken three years ago.
Is there a size limit for photos?
Ric
Richard Stott, AIA, LEED AP
www.stottarchitecture.com
Office	631-283-1777
Cell		516-965-3164

> On Oct 28, 2020, at 1:18 PM, Cary Tolbert <retiredtoby at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Got it Ric
> Very nice, wish I were there.
> Cary
> S/V Whisper "86
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2020, 1:14 PM Hank <hnw555 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I see a beautiful sunset, Ric.
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 1:05 PM Ric Stott <ric at stottarchitecture.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> [image: IMG_1943.jpeg]
>>> This is an experiment.
>>> I have not been able to send attachments using my mac mail - ever.
>>> I have logged on to gmail and I'm replying from gmail.
>>> I'm attaching a photo to see if it goes through.
>>> LMK
>>> Ric
>>> Dadventure
>>>

>>> Richard Stott, AIA, LEED AP
>>> www.stottarchitecture.com
>>> Office 631-283-1777
>>> Cell 516-965-3164
>>>

>>> On Oct 28, 2020, at 6:32 AM, Jesse Shumaker <
>>> jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for all the quick responses, links to articles and details of your
>>> experiences removing "the devil's glue."  It really helps to have the
>>> collective knowledge and research of the group!
>>>
>>> I ordered some Marine Formula DeBond and a razor blade scraper knife.  I
>>> also made a wooden wedge and have a rubber mallet ready for some *very
>>> *gentle
>>> taps after patiently waiting for the adhesive remover to go to work.  The
>>> DeBond should get here on Friday so this will be a weekend project.
>> Until
>>> then, I have other boat projects underway to keep me busy when I'm not at
>>> work.
>>>
>>> I'll be sure to follow up this weekend and let you know the (hopefully
>> not
>>> gripping) conclusion.
>>>
>>> Jesse Shumaker
>>> S/V Zephyr
>>>
>>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 4:42 PM David Talbot <talbotdavid50 at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> OK I am adding to this as I JUST got through managing a 5200-attached
>> hatch
>>> on forward deck
>>> STRONGLY recommend you not use mallet  or cutting as this can damage the
>>> deck.
>>> DEBOND (can get via Amazon)works well and is safer
>>> Spray a good layer of the debond under one side of the tabernacle and
>> wait
>>> a few minutes, then lightly tap wooden wedges into the gap. patience
>>> essential here. Spray more in and advance a little bit at a time. It will
>>> work, just do not force it or you will split the fiberglass. Will need a
>>> sharp chisel to clean off the gel coat
>>> Agree that Practical Sailor article very helpful as well
>>>
>>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 3:20 PM, Michael D. Weisner <mweisner at ebsmed.com
>>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I wonder how 3M 5200 compares to adult barnacle attachment secretion
>>>
>>> which
>>>
>>> is nearly impossible to break.
>>>
>>> Maybe Debond would work on barnacles!
>>>
>>> Mike